Sevenoaks Trading are hosting a virtual coffee cupping session on Friday 06 Nov and you are invited to join!
Nicodemus recently won the Coffee Magazine Award 2020 for "Dedication to Education" and he is such a knowledgeable and interesting person, so you are sure to not only learn a lot, but have a great time!
Virtual Zoom Cupping with Nicodemus
Date: Friday, 6th November 2020
Time: 11h00 to 12h30
RSVP by latest: Wednesday, 21st October 2020
You can find out all the info here
Nicodemus was Head Judge of Coffee magazine's "A Shot in the Dark" presented by Genio Roasters, and is a qualified Q Grader and all-round coffee legend!
|You will need the following cupping supplies:
- 4 x 200ml Cupping bowls / cups or glasses
- Cupping spoons – silver or stainless steel that can hold 10cubic cm of coffee
- Type of Water – Clean with TDS (Total dissolved solids) of about 125-175ppm
- Kettle / Pitcher for hot water
- Timer – for timing coffee extraction (can also use your cell phone if you’re not using it to Zoom with)
- Digital Scale to measure in increments of 0.1g up to 500g
|What Sevenoaks will be sending you via courier:
- Labelled roasted coffee samples that you will be needing to grind and cup with
- Sample of the grind size
- A copy of the SCA scoring sheet
|Herewith please find a link to Nico’s demonstration of how to prepare your cupping table prior to the event.