What a day! The TOP 10 announcement of A Shot in the Dark presented by Genio Roasters was exhilarating and full of surprises. You can watch the entire announcement on the Instagram link below.
A huge "Thank You!" to all of the 50 Roasters that entered, to the Judges and the Sponsors and everyone involved in this incredible community coffee roasting event! We are so excited to see what this TOP 10 can do in the FINALS ROUND, with a new specialty coffee for cupping and the blending challenge for best espresso roast. The Finals judging and the A Shot in the Dark panel discussions will all happen at CREATIVE COFFEE WEEK, in Durban 15- 17th September.
Your Top 10 Finalists for A Shot in the Dark 2021:
1. The Black Sheep Coffee Co - Rory Lambson - 77.916
2. Beethoven Coffee Co - Trevor Fitz - 77,25
3. Tribe Coffee Roasting - Jake Easton & Team - 77,166
4. Toro - Ettienne Broodryk - 77,083
5. Scuro Coffee Crafts - Dwain Riccardo - 77,00
6. Gegrond - Frederik Dreyer - 76,75
7. Infood Coffee Roastery -- Percy Chikwira - 76,666
8. Cuppa Coffee - Marthinus Greyling - 76,083
9. Home Roaster - Jacques Strydom - 76,083
10. Favour & Grace Coffee Co - Werner Gous - 75,75