Selati Barista Scholarship Programme - Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is RCL FOODS Sugar and Milling (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. Any persons applying for the Barista Scholarships (“Applicant”) accept and agree that by doing so they have had an opportunity to read and consider these Terms and Conditions to which they are hereby bound.
3. By applying, the Applicant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter, as well as its holding company, its subsidiaries and any subsidiaries of its holding company, and their successors and assigns, directors, employees, agents or consultants against all and any losses, claims, proceeding, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise) liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis) howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the Applicant’s participation in the process of applying for the Scholarships and the Scholarships themselves.
4. The application for this scholarship runs for a limited time, applications will be accepted between 1st September 2017 and 30 November 2017.
5. All natural South African citizens residing in the country, may apply for the Barista Scholarships. All Applicants must hold a Matric certificate and must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old. No director, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this Programme may apply.
6. To apply for the Barista Scholarships Applicants need to:
Fill in the Application Form at the Partner Cafe and provide ALL documentation stated on the application form.
Place the Application Form and the required documents in the envelope provided and hand it over to the barista at the Partner Café*, who shall place the application in the designated box.
*The Partner Cafes are:
Kofi Afrika - Gauteng: 7166 Vilakazi Street, Orlando, Gauteng, South Africa 1804
Kaffa Hoist - Langa, Western Cape, Guga Stebe Arts Centre, Langa, Cape Town, Western Cape, 7458
Crema Cafe, Bloem, Free State, Rocklands Complex, 53631 Moshoeshoe St, Bloemfontein, 9301
MiCoffee, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, 152 Main road, Walmer, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, 6070
Flava Club, KwaMashu KZN, Big Box Co, Malandela Road, KwaMashu, KZN, 4359
7. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the costs involved in applying for the Barista Scholarships.
8. There are 10 scholarships in total to be won (2 scholarships per region). Applicants stand a chance to win a Barista Education Scholarship which includes:
SCAE Intro to Coffee
SCAE Barista Skills Level 1
UNISA Barista Course
3 months internship at the designated partner cafe
Stipend of R1000/month during the period of study (3 months)
Stipend of R2000/month during internship (3 months)
9. The Recipients of the Barista Scholarships shall be selected, based on the quality of their submissions, by a Selection Panel consisting of Coffee Magazine, Selati Sugar and Community Cafe Partners.
10. The recipients shall be announced on 16 January 2018.
11. The recipients shall be notified, via phone, as soon as reasonably possible after the selection having taken place. In the event that any one of them cannot be successfully contacted, or fails to respond to the Promoter, within a period of one week from the date of the announcement, following all reasonable attempts to do so using the contact details provided by the Applicant, the Promoter reserves the right to pick another candidate in substitution.
12. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged or delayed applications for any reason whatsoever, and proof of sending shall not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting the participation in applying for the Barista Scholarships.
13. Applications which are unclear, illegible or contain errors shall be declared invalid.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to reasonably extend, shorten, suspend the time period of the Application process or terminate the process for technical, commercial, and/or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control. The application process, scholarship programme and terms and conditions may be reasonably amended by the Promoter, at any time during the time period in which the applications and scholarship programme run. In such event, all Applicants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Scholarship Programme, and acknowledge that they shall have no recourse whatsoever against the Promoter.
15. The recipients may be requested to allow their names, likenesses and/or application submissions to be used in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns. The recipients are, however, entitled to decline such request.
16. Where the recipients consent to take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns, they shall not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation shall be the sole property of the Promoter.
17. The Selection Panels’ decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence with them shall be entered into.
18. The Scholarships are not transferrable, and may not be exchanged for any other items or cash.
19. Any scholarship queries may be directed to Melanie Winter: 0734454951 [Between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday] or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org